We are now accepting applications for Patrollers for the 2018-2019 winter season. This position would start in mid-November 2018 and finish in early to mid-April 2019. If you are interested, please email your resume and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide first aid for guests and staff in a professional and efficient manner.
- Slope Risk Management: hazard prevention, hazard marking, etc…
- Lift evacuation
- Operation of first aid toboggans
- Assist where possible in avalanche control
- Assist in search and rescue
- Educating staff and our guests to the components of the Alpine Responsibility Code; where necessary.
- Snowmobile operation and safety
- Weather observation and reporting where necessary
- Mountain dispatch when needed
- Public relations
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Occupational First Aid level (OFA) III and/or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) and/or Advanced Wilderness First Aid.
- CAA Avalanche Operations Level 1 or greater an asset
- High intermediate to Advanced alpine skier/boarder in all snow terrain and conditions
- Previous toboggan handling skills an asset
- High level of fitness and able to work in all weather conditions
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous ski hill experience an asset