Sasquatch Mountain Resort is a Controlled Recreation Area (CRA)
A “Controlled Recreation Area” license of occupation is the legal mechanism that gives the right to the Developer | Sasquatch Mountain Resort | to control access and use by other persons within the defined boundaries of the CRA. The CRA enables the us to:
Establish and delineate a recreation area boundary within the CRA and designate that boundary by notices, posted signs, fences or otherwise.
Regulate and prohibit the access & entry of persons & vehicles to the CRA, mainly for safety reasons
Control, prohibit and direct the movement and activities of persons and vehicles within the CRA
Take trespass action against persons who are in non-compliance with the above
SAFETY | ACCESS RESTRICTION
- Motorized vehicles including snowmobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, cars and trucks are not permitted within the Sasquatch Mountain Resort Controlled Recreation Area.
- Any persons entering this area for the purpose of motorized recreation will be considered trespassers within the Sasquatch Mountain Resort CRA.
- Hunting, trapping, and shooting activities are also not permitted within the CRA.
- Tobogganing is not permitted at any time. Tubing is permitting only within the tube park and only when the tube park is operational.
Please note that throughout summer, crews will be working on mountain up to 7 days a week to conduct electrical work, trail clearing, tree cutting and chairlift maintenance. The work will require the use of heavy machinery, posing dangerous hazards to the public.
- In the winter months the Nordic trail network is open for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing. A trail pass is required for these activities on our maintained trails and within the Sasquatch Mountain Resort CRA. Passes are available Online or at the Main Lodge.
During winter operation, uphill touring (ski, split-board, or other) within the Sasquatch Mountain Resort CRA is not permitted.
Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding | Other Sliding Activities
When not in winter operation, backcountry skiing and snowboarding and other sliding activities are not permitted inside the Sasquatch Mountain Resort CRA. Persons entering this area for the purpose of backcountry skiing and/or snowboarding and/or other sliding activities will be considered trespassers within the Sasquatch Mountain Resort CRA.
Winter operation is considered to be December to April.
For more information on alpine skiing and snowboarding in the CRA, contact us at 604-797-4411.
Sign up on our email newsletter list to receive the latest news, snow reports and upcoming special events.