The Province of BC moved to Step 3 of its Restart Plan on July 1, allowing Canada-wide recreational travel, a return to normal hours for liquor service at restaurants, bars and pubs with table limits to be determined by the venue, increased capacity for organized indoor and outdoor gatherings, and more.
We are in Step 3
The criteria for Step 3 is at least 70% of the 18+ population vaccinated with dose 1, along with low case counts and declining COVID-19 hospitalizations. In Step 3, we transitioned to using Communicable Disease Prevention Guidance from WorkSafeBC.
The Canadian border remains closed to international visitors, including those who have been vaccinated. We are asking our international visitors to dream now and explore BC later when the time is right.
Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. The mask mandate order under the Emergency Program Act was lifted July 1.
- You’re fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2
- Masks are optional for children aged 2 to 12
- Children under 2 should not wear masks
- Proof of vaccination does not need to be requested by service providers
- Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they’re fully vaccinated and that’s okay
- Increased social contact
- If you or anyone in your family feels sick stay home and get tested immediately
- Restaurants, bars, pubs and nightclubs
BC’s Restart: A plan to bring us back together
HELLO BC: KNOW BEFORE YOUR GO