Alert: Operating changes amid COVID-19
Update – March 16, 2020
Dear Passholders/Loyal Guests,
The safety and wellbeing of all Sasquatch Mountain Resort guests, staff and local residents is of the utmost importance to us, and we have continued to monitor local and global developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) while being in constant contact with local health officials for guidance during this time.
Our guests, staff and community are at the heart of what we do and we feel it is our responsibility to do our part in reducing the potential spread of COVID-19. Our team has been working diligently to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and community however those efforts can never fully limit the potential risk. Given this, we have made the difficult decision to cease operations for the remainder of the 2019/20 season effective the end of day Monday, March 16th, 2020.
We have truly considered the impact this will have on our guests, staff, and surrounding community, and sincerely apologize to the guests who are currently at our resort and those who were planning to come during this time.
This closure includes all lift operations, food and beverage, the Yeti tube park, retail and rental services. All information on cancellations and reimbursements for pre-booked lessons or pre-purchased lift tickets for upcoming visits will be on our website www.sasquatchmountain.ca. We anticipate high call volume and appreciate your patience during this time as we work hard to respond to all inquiries. Our Guest Services team can be reached by phone at (604) 797-4411 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless of the short term impact, we will continue to plan for the future of Sasquatch Mountain Resort over the summer and look forward to introducing new summer operations and improvements to our upcoming winter season as well, with focus on continuing to be the best place for fantastic, family, fun!
Thank you for your understanding and for your continued support during this season. From those of us here at Sasquatch Mountain Resort, who love to get out and play, we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible, stay safe.
March 15, 2020
In response to recent self-quarantine recommendations from Federal and Provincial Health Authorities to include anyone who has returned from or has been in close contact with someone who has returned from anywhere outside of Canada should self-quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days.
March 13, 2020
We continue to monitor global developments in the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The World Health Organization (WHO) has now declared this outbreak a pandemic, which only reinforces the importance of our controls.
In the interest of the safety and well being of all Sasquatch Mountain Resort staff and clients we are extending our precautionary controls. Skiing and boarding can still be enjoyed by guests, with extra care taken by our staff to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of shared spaces and common areas.
Measures Sasquatch Mountain is taking
- As our events aren’t scheduled to host more than 250 people, as of now we will continue to run our smaller family oriented daily events at the resort.
- We will be ensuring the proper sanitation of all areas such as the Cafeteria, Molly Hogan’s Pub, the Snow School area, the Brown Bag Room, Rentals, Guest Services and other areas that will be frequented by guests.
- Management will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation and expand controls as necessary to protect the health of our guests.
- We will be spacing out tables to allow for adequate and safe distance between guests as recommended by the Government Health authorities and to provide lots of space for social distancing throughout the resort.
Precautions you can be taking
- Strictly enforcing your own sanitation practices including scrupulous hand washing and proper coughing/sneezing procedures.
- Try and refrain from unnecessary physical contact such as cheek kissing, hugging, and handshaking.
- Assess your health before you come to the resort – stay at home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms. Seek medical advice as appropriate.
- Anyone who has visited or has been in close contact with someone who has visited or transited through China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan, France, Germany, Spain and Indonesia should Self-quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days.
- Anyone who knowingly may have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the community will be required to self-quarantine themselves for 14 days. Where practical, people in self-quarantine should be enabled to work from home.
We continue to take this situation seriously and are taking all precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19. We are doing everything we can to ensure the resort stays open and in full operations. As the situation continues to progress daily, please stay tuned over our website and social media platforms for any updates.