Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Team!
Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. The team at SMR is passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain Resort. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
This position reports to senior management and is responsible for working in close partnership with our point of sales software developer to manage the resort’s sales (IT) functions. The right candidate will be comfortable with a bit of “everything”, who understands both front-line support as well as back-end IT.
The primary goal is to ensure that SMR guests have a safe and enjoyable experience online and on-mountain. Excellent customer service skills, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn new things will be a part of your strengths. This role requires an experienced generalist with some specific skills and the ability to adapt quickly. Must have flexible availability and able to work some nights, weekends, and holidays during the operational season.
This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort has huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
– A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person.
– You are confident, outgoing, positive and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
– You have great leadership skills, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
– You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
– You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Works closely with Entabeni System Manager to ensure the successful operations of the resort Point of Sale software
· Assists in overseeing the various software solutions utilized by both the Indoor and Outdoor operations to ensure the most effective solutions for the resort are offered
· Programming and configuring appropriate products and functions according to specifications under the guidance of Entabeni System Manager
· Offers technical support to users by responding to questions and concerns
· Perform troubleshooting under the guidance of Entabeni System Manager to diagnose and resolve problems
· Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate POS software and computer equipment
· Assist in new POS software project design and implementations
· Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
· Work with the POS software developer to organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
· Writes and maintains documentation to improve future troubleshooting
· Improves system performance by solving problems and recommending effective changes
· Assist in Training team members in the use of our Technology platforms
· Hands on Support of our Guest Service teams, and work in guest service role as necessary
· Liaise with our outside IT support firm
· Other duties as assigned
· Proven experience as an IT Technician or relevant positions
· Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
· Good knowledge of Ecommerce platforms, POS integration, and internet security
· Mature, organized, reliable and professional individual
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Ski industry experience considered an asset
Expected start date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- IT support: 2 years (required)
- Ski Resort: 1 year (preferred)