Sasquatch Mountain Resort is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC- formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. We are passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain Resort.
Who YOU are:
- A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person.
- You are confident, outgoing, positive and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
- You have great leadership skills, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- You lead by example, can work any position in the Restaurant/Bar, front and back of house.
- You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ and prepared to work hours, from early morning to close in the evening, to achieve phenomenal results.
Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Team!
As an integral part of our Sasquatch Mountain Resort Leadership Team, the primary function of this role is to help execute our Food and Beverage Department’s strategic plan. We require a hard-working, dedicated individual that is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, menus, restaurant ideas and themes.
You will be responsible for managing day to day operations, maintaining sales goals, scheduling staff, ensuring consistent high customer service, food quality, food and beverage inventories. You are the coach, training and developing all your staff to ensure health and safety standards are met, the best quality food is produced, and ensuring the success of the business will draw new customers as well as retain our current customers. On a bigger picture level, this position will also play a big role in the development of off-season activities and events that will help SMR achieve its goal in becoming a year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort is a huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, direct, and evaluate food and beverage service and quality
- Recruitment and training of staff
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
- Ensure proper staffing levels based on projected volumes
- Scheduling staff in all food and beverage areas
- Adhere to budget as set out by the Manager of Food & Beverage and General Manager
- Monitor revenues and food and beverage costs
- Ensure practice of health and safety regulations
- Provide weekly safety talks to staff
- Follow and enforce any Communicable Disease distancing for all patrons and staff
- Other responsibilities assigned as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school
- Post-secondary education in business management or a related field considered an asset
- Serving it Right certification
- Food Safe certification an asset
- Previous bar supervisory or management experience required
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Able to multi-task
- Must be able to work under pressure
POSITION: Front of House Manager
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: June 15th, 2022
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of relevant certifications, along with your references to email@example.com and please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.