As an integral part of our Sasquatch Mountain Resort Team, the primary function of this role is to help build and execute our Food and Beverage Department’s strategic plan. We require a hard-working, dedicated individual that is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, menus, restaurant ideas and themes.
You will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the kitchen area and all food and beverage outlets throughout the resort, ensuring consistent high customer service. You are the coach, training and developing all your staff to ensure health and safety standards are met, the best quality food is produced, and ensuring the success of the business will draw new customers as well as retain our current customers. On a bigger picture level, this position will also play a large role in the development of off-season activities and events that will help SMR achieve its goal in becoming a year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort has huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
– A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person.
– You are confident, outgoing, positive and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
– You have great leadership skills, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
– You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
– You lead by example, can work any position in the Restaurant, front and back of house.
– You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ and prepared to work hours, from early morning to close in the evening, to achieve phenomenal results.
Reporting Directly to the Director of Food & Beverage, Sasquatch Mountain Resort you will:
* Assisting in the oversight pertaining to the operations, revenue, staffing and development of:
1. Molly Hogan’s Bar
3. SMR Bistro
4. Tube Park Food service
5. C-Can Food Service
6. Other Food and Beverage Services as needed
· Organize, direct, and evaluate food service and quality
· Coordinate/negotiations/planning with vendors and 3rd party partners
· Work directly the Director of F & B to oversee profitable operations, staffing, inventory management, costing and development as related to Food & Beverage
· Develop a team that will “Create Memorable Experiences” for our guests
· Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
· Ensure food safety, quality, service and social responsibility are best in class
· Development, measurement, and reporting on staff and department goals and objectives.
· Annual performance evaluations of staff and ongoing management of team performance.
· Assist with budgeting, reporting and accountability for financial performance as related to Food & Beverage
· Assist the Director of F & B in strategic planning as related to Food & Beverage
· Assist to Develop and implement departmental systems, procedures and training to continue moving the business forward
· Continuously development and training of the teams as related to food and beverage
· Ensure practice of health and safety regulations
· Assistance with developing and costing menus for all food and beverage outlet
· Understand Covid-19 Pandemic Response and maintains all F&B locations Procedures
· Other duties as assigned from the General Manager and Ownership
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Accommodations, bonus, excellent benefit package, Season’s Pass, and the lifestyle a Mountain resort provides!
Application deadline: None
Expected start date: Immediate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,985.00 per year Negotiable based on Experience
Contract length: 12 Months
* Completion of secondary school
* Post-secondary education in business management or a related field considered an asset
* Minimum of 3 years as a Head or Executive Chef role
* Minimum of 5 years of restaurant experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role
* Food Safe Certification
* Serving it Right Certification
* Must be aware of all safety/sanitation guidelines
* Strong leadership skills
* Strong communications skills
* Strong skills in developing plans and budgets
* Strong time management skills
* Conflict resolution
* Able to multi-task
* Must be able to work under pressure
- Foundations of Workplace Safety (includes WHMIS)
- Serving It Right
Job Application Process:
Please forward your resume/CV and any applicable certificates to John Welsh, Director of Human Resources at the email on this posting.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,985.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Culinary: 4 years (required)
- Chef: 2 years (required)
- Sous Chef: 4 years (preferred)