Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Sales & Marketing Team!
Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. The team at SMR is passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
As an integral part of our Sales & Marketing team, the primary function of this role is to help build and execute our departmental strategic plan through bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, programs and events that will drive the door. With the goal of getting our locals hooked on winter activities at SMR and reaching new demographics, you will help develop, present and sell our outdoor group packages, corporate programs, events and activities to local schools, businesses and community organizations to help make their next field trip, team building event, annual gathering or holiday party a truly memorable experience.
On a bigger picture level, this position will play a big role in the development of off-season activities and events that will help SMR achieve its goal in becoming a year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
Selected applicants will benefit from detailed training and on-going support. Based on results, successful candidates will also have opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
- A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person.
- You are confident, outgoing, positive and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
- You have sales-ability, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- A natural leader and team player who can inspire and motivate those around you.
- Oversee the development of the seasonal event calendar and the coordination of its associated events in alignment with company goals, values and budgetary requirements.
- Work with the Sales, Marketing & Events team to deliver a seamless experience in the promotion and execution of group visits and scheduled events including but not limited to: marketing, creating promotional material, décor, event set-up/take-down, registration & administration of waivers, announcing, and working with event sponsors/partners.
- Assist in the development of new sales packages and programs for groups & corporate partners.
- Generate new leads and build new relationships and partners within our surrounding communities that contribute to our overall revenue growth and development.
- Achieve set goals through direct sales calls, client/school visits, cold calls, networking, database marketing, mail-outs; and cross-selling Sasquatch Mountain as a suitable venue for groups, events and year- round activities
- Increase skier visits, group bookings and revenue during weekday operations (Mon-Thursday)
- Communicate events & booking details to all relative team leads/managers
- Contribute to the overall group and resort sales strategies including assisting with the development of the sales & marketing plan and group pricing strategy.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, industry and community events relevant to the mountain as required
- Develop sales skills and techniques and cross train to understand all processes of the Sales/Marketing team
- Help to develop and promote new programs, initiatives and events for both winter and summer operations
- Keep appraised of current and constantly changing regulations pertaining to COVID and WorkBC requirements and health recommendations pertaining to your department, groups and events.
- Track sales, leads, clients and progress through company designated record keeping software
- Be a positive example and brand ambassador of Sasquatch Resort both on the mountain and within the community
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
Qualifications: You will have…
- Passion for outdoor activities and the ability to find the fun in everything you do!
- Time management skills & the ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Ability to make effective decisions in the interests of guests and the Company
- Strong leadership, exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior sales and phone etiquette
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in high volume situations
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change
- Self-motivated and proven ability to taking initiative
- An interest and working knowledge of current marketing trends, strategies and should possess above average technical/digital capabilities.
- High level of computer proficiency including a knowledge/familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Experience/familiarity with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and with CRM systems, client database management systems an asset
- Experience with graphic design/video editing an asset
- Experience with budget management, planning and understanding of KPI’s and ROI measurement strategies
- A minimum of 3 years of Sales or hospitality experience required
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Local individuals or those with familiarity and a network within our surrounding communities preferred
- Access to a personal computer equipped with Microsoft programs required.
- Candidates must have a valid and current driver’s license and access to a vehicle that can handle winter driving conditions.
Salary & Compensation:
- $17-$21 per hour (pending experience) plus commission structure.
- Approved expenses paid for any travel and kilometers required for the job paid out at .47 per/km. ➢ Season’s Pass, other resort discounts, and lift ticket discounts at other resorts.
- Reimbursement of authorized expenses submitted within 30 calendar days
You are required to be available to work during all peak periods throughout the winter season including but not limited to the following:
- All weekends in December, January, February, March & April
- December 18th – January 3rd for Christmas Holidays
- March.20th – April 4th for Spring Break
- September 21st 2020 or as soon as available
- Contract End Date: May 9th, 2021 (pending conditions and operations)
NOTE: This is a seasonal, mobile position where you will balance your time between being on the road, at the resort or working from home occasionally during the off-season. Successful candidates can expect to be full time on the mountain upon opening. Housing options available on mountain.
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com detailing how and why you are the best fit for this job!
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.