We are looking to fill the role of Grooming Operator for the upcoming 2018-19 winter season. Full-time and part-time positions are available. These positions are from November-April. To apply, please email your resume and qualifications along with references to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line.
- Operate all grooming equipment, including winch cable grooming equipment, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complete daily vehicle log sheets and checklists
- Perform pre start-up inspections as per pre-established checklists.
- Perform shut-down and post operational procedures including necessary documentation regarding machine maintenance.
- Adhere to all company operating and maintenance procedures.
- Arrive to work on time, rested, and ready for your shift.
- Keep buildings and lift terminals clear of hazards and excess snow.
- Ensure a high quality grooming product.
- Practice safe work procedures at all times.
- Operate during designated hours set by the Grooming Supervisor and Director of Mountain Operations as to not interfere with resort operational hours.
- Report all ski run hazards, both current and potential, to the patrol department by the designated time each operational morning.
- Assist the mechanic with maintenance on grooming equipment, where needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Previous grooming experience is preferred.
- Previous mountain operations experience is an asset.
- Previous heavy equipment operating experience is preferred.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work alone and/or with others.
- Physically healthy.
- Time Management skills.
- Organizational skills.