We are looking to fill the role of Lift Mechanic/Millwright. This is a full-time, year-round position. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Perform all duties assigned by the Manager and/or Director of Mountain Operations.
- Identify and correct any problems found on lifts and lift components.
- Adhere to assembly, maintenance, and installation instructions as per manufacturer manuals and specifications.
- Actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment.
- Operate company equipment safely and effectively as per company policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of work completed as per related codes, legislation, and company policy
- Report all lift maintenance related activities to the Manager and/or Director of Mountain Operations.
- Ensure compliance of the current CSA Z98 code and legislation as they relate to the current lifts and lift maintenance practices.
- Ensure work area(s) are kept safe and clean, report any damage, malfunction, or misuse of any company equipment and/or property.
- Ensure radio protocols are followed as per company policy.
- Assist with the transport of guests and equipment, where required.
- Assist other departments with general maintenance needs, where required.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- Assist the lift operations department with opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with the training of lift operators and lift maintenance personnel, where required.
- Practice safe work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Certified Journeyman Millwright (preferred) or Apprentice Millwright (min 3rd year).
- Previous lift maintenance experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CSA Z98 Code is preferred.
- Successful completion of the Selkirk College lift mechanic courses is preferred – Lift 151 Surface Lifts, Lift 152 Fixed Grip Ski Lifts, Lift 153 Detachable Grip Ski Lifts (asset).
- Knowledge of PLC electrical systems and components.
- Welding ticket is an asset.
- Previous snowmobile experience is preferred.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and machining.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other basic computer systems and applications.
- Intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Climbing and belay experience.