We are currently seeking qualified applicants to fill this newly created role. As the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance programs for our ski lifts, buildings, and equipment. This is a full-time, year-round position that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Direct oversight of equipment and vehicle maintenance, lift maintenance, and building maintenance.
- Schedule and oversee timely completion of all required preventive maintenance, repairs, and outside inspections. This includes development, execution, and measurement of an annual maintenance schedule including specific allocation of staff time and necessary resources.
- Development, measurement, and reporting on staff and department goals and objectives.
- Annual performance evaluations of staff and ongoing management of team performance.
- Plan and supervise an effective preventative maintenance program to achieve the highest level safety while maximizing equipment up-time during operations.
- Implement all code changes and upgrades of equipment with proper design certifications.
- Assist in recommending and planning capital projects.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures to meet requirements of the Z98 code, building code, or any other regulatory groups or organizations impacting operations and maintenance.
- Continuously develop the entire maintenance staff through in-house training and assessment as well as vendor and industry training opportunities. Serve as a mentor to maintenance staff to ensure the long-term sustainability of a reliable team and safe operating practices.
- Oversee the completion, filing and maintenance of all applicable lift maintenance records. Periodically inspect record keeping entries to ensure all work is properly recorded and filed.
- Work with Lift Operations and other Mountain Operations department heads to ensure operations staff is trained to operate all equipment safely and efficiently, with the appropriate emphasis on customer service.
- Maintain inventories, order and purchase all equipment, parts and supplies to ensure safe and efficient operations of lifts and machinery. Continuously pursue the most cost-efficient source for all parts, services, and supplies.
- Develop and manage annual operating and capital budgets for all maintenance activities.
- Track and report on all departmental related operating and maintenance expenses.
- Supervise scheduling and job assignments for Maintenance staff. Oversee hiring, training, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Communicate and coordinate with other resort departments, to facilitate work, operating schedules, and equipment availability.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and copies of valid certifications to email@example.com . Please include the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.